Best Practices & Compliance
Holler Law Firm, LLC implements the American Land Title Association’s (ALTA) Best Practices for Title and Settlement Agents on a daily basis. The firm recognizes the importance of compliance and has employed important procedures to guarantee that they follow physical, financial and cybersecurity regulatory requirements.
To fully comply with ALTA’s Best Practice recommendations, Holler Law ensures that:
- Their employees are subject to annual credit checks and full background reports.
- Their client’s settlement funds are insured and secure. Holler Law’s underwriters can monitor escrow operations every day.
- Their client’s personal information is protected by only using secure email and internet connections.
- Their databases are completely encrypted to protect private company information.
- Their offices are protected with strict security systems with alarms, cyber locks, and 24/7 monitors.
- Their Attorneys are all members of applicable bar associations in which they practice.
Beginning on October 1, 2015, ALTA is advising title insurance and settlement companies to adopt, establish and maintain their new 7 Best Practices Pillars. These Best Practice Pillars include:
- Escrow Trust Accounting
- Security and Protecting NPI
- Settlement Processes
- Policy Production
- Insurance Coverage
- Consumer Complaints
The Holler Law Firm adheres to these voluntary ALTA Compliance Pillars and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) mandatory regulations to gain confidence and trust with their clients.